colour

Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year Re-Solutions

Going through old projects is a good way to see where you've been , the strides you've made (hopefully), and to humble yourself. Isn't it amazing how great your minds eye sees you in the past. Nothing can bring that fuzzy recollection into view than seeing the fruits of your labors. Some of mine look pretty bad and, luckily, some look better than I remember. Those drawings from '03 when I was just trying to get my feet wet... woaw! Boy do I have an amazingly supportive husband. He could have looked at my work and said, now why did I hire you????? But instead, he could see potential and just kept on supporting me in whatever I tried. I found out later that he won't ever criticize but he also won't tell me he likes something that he doesn't. He is just pretty tactful cause I just felt support from him in what ever he said.

The New Year is as good a time as any to review the past and set your sights high for the future. While I'm riding on the wave of energy from the newly past holiday season it is a good time to find new projects and try out new ideas. One thing I've noticed from my past projects is that I definitely need a plan before I start a project. I don't necessarily want a pattern from someone else but I do want an idea and a sketch before I start so that what is in my mind can find it's way safely to becoming something I might want to share, not just something else to learn from, though that isn't half bad either.

Here's to a great year of learning and creating!!

No comments: